Since the beginning of social media, Instagram and similar platforms have started to take a considerable place. Capturing our lives’ share-worthy moments and showing to the world is also the basis of social media. Whether you have a business, personal, or just an anonymous account for fun, losing it to a hacker with all of your followers can be pretty upsetting. Let’s see what you need to do to recover a hacked Instagram account.
Steps to Recover Your Hacked Instagram Account
If you suspect your Instagram account got hacked, the first thing to do is recover it. Here are the steps to revive your account.
- See if you got an e-mail from Instagram telling your e-mail address or password is changed.
- Request a login link from Instagram, tap get help signing in Android, or forgot password for IOS.
- If you received an e-mail with the login link, follow the screen instructions to continue.
Report a Hacked Instagram Account
If you were unable to revive your account with the security code, you need to report it.
- Tap Get help signing or forgot password and then next, and follow the instructions with a secure e-mail.
- After you submit your request, you need to verify your identity.
- You should get a message from Instagram regarding your request.
- In the e-mail, you will be asked a photo of yourself holding the code handwritten on a paper.
- Then, you will be instructed by Instagram support.
FAQs on a Hacked Instagram Account
If you can still access your account, you can secure your account by revoking access and turning on two-factor authentication.
Go to your profile then click your username on top of the screen. Tap on “add an account.”
If your account starts following people that you didn’t share posts that you don’t know about, you might be hacked.
Conclusion of Recovering a Hacked Account
In this article, we’ve explained how you could recover a hacked Instagram account or report it. Hopefully, we were able to help. You can take a look at our post about what are Instagram impressions, too.