Almost everyone with a social media account wants to know how many times their content has been viewed. Especially when it comes to Instagram, you may wonder if a post you post or a story has been viewed more than once. We’re gonna tell you about the Instagram Impressions feature that helps you with this.
What Are Impressions on Instagram?
The Impressions section on Instagram shows you the number of times a post you shared was shown to users. Of course, people on Instagram look at your content more than once for sure. Instagram Impressions shows you exactly that. You can check out how many users viewed your Instagram Story or a post you shared. Impressions are the total of views of your content.
How to See Impressions?
We can say that you have more than one option to see the Instagram Impressions section. The first of these is to be able to see your Instagram Statistics by having a business account. The other is to use Instagram Analytics Tools by third-party apps. If you want to see your Instagram account’s statistics, it will be very useful for you to have a business account.
- To have a business account, your account must be public.
- Then, to convert your account to a business account, simply go to Settings on your profile and hit the Switch to Business Account choice.
- After this step, you need to associate your Instagram Business Account with the business’s Facebook Page. If your business doesn’t have a Facebook Page, Instagram will ask you to create a Facebook Page in the process.
- After making this association, you can complete the process by verifying your contact information under the Set Up Business Profile heading.
- To access the business account statistics, simply press the statistics icon at the top of your profile.
- In this section, you will see the title Insights.
- You can click on the impressions section to see how many users have viewed your content.
What Is a Good Number of Impressions?
This depends completely on the state of your business and how much you share. If you are a newly established business, it would be normal not to get many views. However, studies have revealed that the average global Instagram interaction rate is 4.7%, the global reach rate is 34.37%, and the average engagement rate is 11.95%.
FAQs About Instagram Impressions
Instagram impressions mark the number of times your post or ad arrives on the screen. Impressions do not take into account individual users, so if your post or ad is seen by the same person many times, it will score as multiple impressions on Instagram.
Overall, the ordinary Instagram engagement rate by the users is 1.22%. But the ordinary rate varies significantly by businesses. For example, a 0.68% rate for fashion brands is ordinary, but it’s 3.57% for higher education institutions.
Instagram doesn’t permit users to see who sees their profile. So if you look by someone’s profile and don’t like or comment on a photo or a video, there’s no telling who views the pictures.
To Conclude Instagram Impressions
That encloses up our complete guide to Instagram Impressions and what they propose! Sadly, one limitation of Instagram Impressions is that they can exclusively be accessed on mobile. This makes it hard for those operating their Instagram accounts from a desktop. Moreover, Instagram Impressions are also pretty limited to how the analytics are bestowed – particularly for users wanting report metrics to managers or customers. If you want to learn more about the app, we cover up many other popular topics in our articles.